About Prerna Garg: A food blogger that believes, “food is the purest form of love” that soothes the mind, heart and soul together. She has been in the food industry for 3 years and exploring different ways to help people try out recipes in the easiest possible ways.
• Brinjal (baingan)
• Besan (Gram flour)- 1 cup
• Rice flour- 1/3 cup
• Salt & chaat masala (for baingan marination)
• Red chili powder- 1/2 tsp
• Turmeric- 1/4 tsp
• Carom seeds (Ajwain) - 1 tsp
• Chopped green chilies- 1 (optional)
• Water to make batter
• Chopped coriander leaves (optional)
• Oil - for frying
• Chaat masala- Sprinkle (optional)
1. Cut brinjal and potato in round shape (or as you desire)
2. Put potatoes in water
3. Sprinkle some salt and chaat masala on both sides of sliced brinjal and potato
4. Now make batter. For that add rice flour in a cup of gram flour
5. Add chopped green chilies, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder and mix well
6. Now add water in portions to make batter. Keep checking the consistency. Make sure it is not too runny and not too thick.
7. Take the sliced potatoes and brinjals and coat well with the batter and fry in hot oil.
8. Fry them well at both the sides.
9. To make it tastier, sprinkle some chaat masala and serve with coriander chutney or ketchup.